Thursday 4 June 2015

English 8: Blocks 3/4

Silent Reading and Commonly Confused Words (lead/led; through/threw/thorough/though)

We read and discussed the poems "My Mother, Who Came From China, Where She Never Saw Snow" and "When I Was a Little Girl". There are corresponding questions for the poems, which are to complete for homework.

During the second half of the period, we went to the library and worked on PowerPoints for the Independent Novel Study. Today was the last class given for this; make sure you are ready to present next Wednesday!

Reminders:

  • "I Am" poems due today
  •  Questions for "My Mother, Who Came From China, Where She Never Saw Snow" and "When I Was a Little Girl": due Friday, June 5, 2015
  • Commonly Confused Words Open-Book Quiz: Friday, June 5, 2015
  • Independent Novel Study Presentations: Thursday, June 11, 2015