Friday 14 November 2014

English 10

We spent the entire period working on our final projects for our short story unit. A few projects have been handed in so far and they look great!  Don't forget to study for the short story test on Monday.

Things to study:
  • All literary terms from the PowerPoint notes (types of characters, irony, setting, mood, atmosphere, tone, point of view, symbolism, allegory, satire, parody, suspense, foreshadowing, narrative hook, narrative twist, theme, flashback, parts of plot, etc.)
  • All worksheets on texts we've read (reading comprehension questions and plot analysis)
  • Here is a list of texts we've studied
  1. "Terrible Things" 
  2. "Lather Than Nothing Else" 
  3. "The Bicycle"
  4. "Borders"
  5. "I'm Not My Brother; I'm Me"
  6. "My Body Is My Own Business"
  7. "This is a Test"
  8. "The Face in the Pool"
  9. "Envy"
  10. "How To Act if You Do Not Want To Be Called Upon"
  11. "My Left Foot"
Reminders:
  • Short Story Test: Monday, Nov. 17, 2014
  • Short Story Final Project: Friday, November 21, 2014