Thursday 12 September 2013

English 9

It's Friday tomorrow!!! I just wanted to congratulate the class on their outstanding participation today. I think almost every student spoke up in our discussions and I'm very impressed!

Things we did today:

  • Grammar
  • Mad Libs
  • Discussed our predictions during different parts of "Lamb to the Slaughter"
  • Notes given on elements of the short story (powerpoint)
  • Went over the answers to the "Analyzing a Story" worksheet
  • Watched the Alfred Hitchcock short film of "Lamb to the Slaughter"
  • Discussed the similarities/differences between the story and the movie
  • Journal entry: Do you prefer the story or the movie and why?
  • Read the story "Gore"

Reminders:
  • The journal entries are do tomorrow, FRIDAY, SEPT.13, 2013. For this assignment:
  1. Their is no structure that I am looking for
  2. Tell me which version you preferred and why (use examples from both the story and the movie)
  3. Refer to the rubric given
  4. You DO NOT need to submit a rough copy and a  good copy. I am just verifying what you've learned the last few classes